The Academia Industry Alliance’s mission is to bring entrepreneurs, scientists, technology employees, and businesses together. In order to accomplish this, we arrange a number of networking events. The Information Technology Industry Showcase brings together firms and employees in the technology industry.
The world has altered as a result of rapid technological advancements. In today’s world, a learning-centered and student-centered approach is preferable. In our department we train students to be industry-ready. We believe in holistic student development and prepare them for academic, physical, and psychological success. We supplement our instruction with case studies and industry exposure through Summer Internships, Projects, and on-the-job training, among other things. Furthermore, value-added programmes are run in collaboration with prominent professional trainers. IT department has partnerships with a variety of organisations that assist us in preparing students to meet industry standards. The major objectives for developing basic skills in students are:
- Learning beyond the curriculum is one of the main goals for strengthening basic abilities in students.
- Develop new problem-solving and thinking skills.
- Instil confidence in one’s own abilities as well as in group collaboration and cooperation.
- Gain a better understanding of yourself
- The ability to self-manage, solve problems, and comprehend fundamental concepts.
- Feel more confident and comfortable with technology.
SOME INDUSTRIAL/ACADEMIC ALLIANCES
Academia Industry Interface and Expert Lectures From time to time, the IT department hosts numerous guest lectures by industry specialists aimed at various areas for the benefit of our students. Aptitude Training and Soft Skill Development Dedicated trainers provide aptitude training to all final year and pre-final year students in order to prepare them for campus recruitment drives. PPP (Pre-placement Preparations) is assigned two periods per week in the timetable for this purpose. Soft Skill Development is also addressed in these PPP classes in order to assure the students’ overall personality development.
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is a Ministry of Education effort that aims to give high-quality education to anyone interested in studying at one of the IITs. Between January and July, ranging from 250 to 300 free online courses are available for anyone to enrol in and learn from.
The certification entails taking a proctored exam that is held in 120 cities across India. On onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in, 740 online certification courses have been completed to date, with 270 courses now open for enrollment.
NPTEL began giving internships to NOC test toppers alongside the various course instructors in the summer of 2018.
The benefits of enrollment in NPTEL program for Students include:
- Knowledge enhancement for course without pay.
- Periodically assignments engrave deeper level interest for the course.
- Assistance for the course from highly qualified mentors.
- Performance-based scholarship to appear in the examination.
- Widely accepted certificate for the course that adds more weightage to the skill set of students.
E&ICT Academy IIT Kanpur
IIT Kanpur’s Electronics & ICT Academy (E & ICT Academy) has the responsibility of offering practical, industry-driven, and industry-focused courses in electronics and ICT. It works to bridge the gap between the academic approach to electronics and information and communications technology (ICT) that is presently offered by academic institutions and the professionally focused approach that the industry demands. Through a continuous engagement approach with constantly updated courses, it is trying to improve the subject expertise of interested faculty members, with a particular focus on the faculties of the three northern states of U.P., Haryana, Punjab, and the two union territories of Delhi and Chandigarh.Various activities through E & ICT Academy include faculty development programmes, continuing education programme for faculties/students / working professionals, training and consultancy services for the industry and providing advice and support for technical incubation and entrepreneurial activities. E & ICT Academy will benefit:
- 50+ Centrally Funded Technical Institutes in North India – 01 NIT, 01 NERIST, 01 CIT, 01 IIM, 03 IITs and 15 central universities.
- Approximately 58 state-owned/private universities.
- Approximately 2000+ engineering colleges affiliated to various universities in North India.
- Approximately 2000+ accredited colleges of arts, science and commerce in North India.
- Approximately 1000+ polytechnic/diploma colleges in North India.
National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research Chandigarh is dedicated to provide the technical and vocational education system, industry, and community services that are of the highest calibre and are individually tailored. To help the technical education system succeed on a global scale, the institute will cultivate leadership in technical teacher training and offer educational resources. It provides continuing education and training programmes for the technical education system’s faculty and staff, designs need-based curricula for those programmes, and prepares instructional materials to improve the efficacy of the teaching and learning process. Additionally, it conducts research and development in engineering and technology as well as technical education, and it offers technical education systems extension and consulting services.
The institute has planned training programmes out of which some are in contact/physical presence mode and some in ICT mode.
- From April, 2022 to June, 2022, the Institute will offer only online programmes.
- For programmes in ICT mode, technical institutions anywhere in India can join the course by virtue of being a remote centre. The remote centre is connected via ‘Google Meet’ at its own location.
- For ICT mode programmes participants can join at NITTTR, Chandigarh also.
- Faculty from Engineering Colleges/Polytechnics and Technical Institutions can participate in the Programmes. In addition, technical/academic staff can also join the programme in the relevant area.
- Faculty from Engineering Colleges/Polytechnics shall have to be sponsored by their employer.
- For the courses at the institute, free boarding and lodging is provided by the institute. Lunch and two times tea/coffee is also provided.
SCRS STUDENTS CHAPTER
BBDNIIT has established the “SCRS Students’ Chapter”. This is a collaborative program to provide support in imparting high quality technical education bridging the gap between academia and industry.The department of Information Technology may avail the following benefits of the students’ chapter:
- Two online seminars on recent technologies (AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision etc.) will be organized once in a year for all students and faculty members associated with the chapter by SCRS.
- One-week Online Students Training Program (STP) with hands on experience will be organized by the SCRS every year on the latest technologies.
- SPOC and registered students can avail discounts in registration fees in all SCRS programs (conferences, workshops, seminars etc.).
- The students associated with the chapter will be eligible to pursue Certification Courses offered by SCRS at concessional fee.
- The department will also organize different academic events under student chapter. At the end of each year, best chapter award will be presented at national level.
STUDENT CHAPTER OF THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS (IEI)
The department of Information Technology has established the Student Chapter of The Institution of Engineers. The benefits of being a member of the students’ chapter are the following:
- Various technical events like seminars, industrial visits, group discussions, technical quiz competitions, workshops and model/ poster competitions will be organized throughout the year with sponsor and banner of IEI.
- An Annual Students’ Convention with a Seminar on a topical subject and Technical Session will be conducted to provide a platform for presentation of technical papers and building fellowship and opportunities for networking with peers and senior members to the Institution.
- Opportunity to participate in technical events e.g. Seminars, Symposia, Conventions, Workshops etc. organized by various IEI centres at State, National and International levels at a concessional rate of 20%.
- Scholarships for selected student members will be given by IEI.
- R& D grant from IEI.
IEEE STUDENT CHAPTER
The department of Information Technology has established the Student Chapter of IEEE. It provides an opportunity for IEEE Student members to begin networking in their areas of interest and future profession. The benefits of being a member of the IEEE students’ chapter are the following:
- Receive support for hosting professional awareness programs as well as materials on how to market and grow your group.
- Meet other people who share the same interest as you and start networking early.
- Keep your IEEE Student Branch members current and organized by taking advantage of free website hosting.
CSI STUDENT CHAPTER
The student chapter of computer society of India (CSI) has been established by department of Information Technology. It is recognized by Accreditation bodies for association with the organization. It provides,
- Invitation for all Regional / State / National Student Conventions / Conferences and Competitions.
- Concessional delegate fee for CSI Conferences and Tutorials for Volunteers.
- Opportunity for Volunteers to interact with Industry Professionals and chalk out a career path. SB can invite CSI speakers volunteers for lectures / Seminars.
- Discounted IEEE membership fee for faculty.
- A Short Term Course on “Data Science using Python” has been organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NITTTR, Chandigarh in association with Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow as a Remote Centre from 10/10/2022 to 14/10/2022.
- A Short Term Course on “Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis using Python“ has been organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NITTTR, Chandigarh in association with Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow as a Remote Centre from 11/07/2022 to 15/07/2022.
- A Short Term Course on “Biomedical Signal and Image Processing“ has been organized by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, NITTTR, Chandigarh in association with Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow as a Remote Centre from 20/06/2022 to 24/06/2022.
- A Short Term Course on “NEP 2020 Implementation in Higher Education Institutes“ has been organized by Curriculum Development Centre, NITTTR, Chandigarh in association with Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow as a Remote Centre from 09/05/2022 to 13/05/2022.
- E & ICT Academy IIT Kanpur has organized a Faculty Development Program on “Data Analysis using Advanced Excel” from 01/02/2022 to 05/02/2022 at Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow.
- E & ICT Academy IIT Kanpur has organized a Faculty Development Program on “Cyber Security” from 22/02/2021 to 28/02/2021 at Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow.
- E & ICT Academy IIT Kanpur has organized a Faculty Development Program on “Introduction to LEAN Implementation” from 15/02/2021 to 20/02/2021 at Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow.
- E & ICT Academy IIT Kanpur has organized a Faculty Development Program on “Machine Learning” from 01/02/2021 to 12/02/2021 at Babu Banarasi Das Northern India institute of Technology, Lucknow.
- Department of Information Technology, BBDNIIT, with IEI Student Chapter of Information Technology organized a Seminar on “Information Security: Threats and Countermeasures”on 12th May 2022. The resource person for the seminar was Mr. Pramod Dikshit, Director, PD Workforce Developers
- Department of Information Technology, BBDNIIT, with IEI Student Chapter of Information Technology organized a Student Training Program on “Link Prediction in Social Network” on 25th Feb 2022. The resource person for tthis STP was Dr. Babita Pandey, Associate Professor, School of Information Science & Technology, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow.