Vision & Mission
PEO, PO, PSO
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Program Educational Objectives of the U.G. program in the Department of Information Technology are:
- PEO 1: Graduates will be able to apply procedural and programmatic knowledge
with innovative skills to provide solutions in a technology-driven era.
- PEO 2: Graduates will posses professional competency to be employable,
entrepreneur and inclination towards higher education with a zeal for life-long
- PEO 3: Graduates will be a valuable asset for society by exhibiting their
professional engineering quality with moral values and ethics.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics , science , engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate , review literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences .
- PO3 Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural , societal and environmental considerations .
- PO4 Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Modern Tool Usage: Create , Select , and apply appropriate techniques , resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal , health , safety , legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice .
- PO7 Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of , and need for sustainable development .
- PO8 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice .
- PO9 Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings .
- PO10 Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large , such as , being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation , make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work , as a member and leader in a team , to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for , and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life long learning in the broadcast of technological change .
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- PSO1:The graduates should have ability to provide engineering solutions in the
field of Image Processing, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Data Sciences
using available IT tools and techniques
- PSO2: The graduates should have ability to employ inter-disciplinary approaches
to design and develop IT solutions for real world problems.