PEO, PO & PSO
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1 Graduates will be able to apply domain knowledge for employment, advanced studies, entrepreneurial activities and for facing challenges in professional life.
- PEO 2 Graduates will be able to develop professionalism through effective communication skill, ethical and societal commitment.
- PEO 3 Graduates will be able to develop team spirit, leadership quality and get involved in life-long learning to participate in nation building.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- PO1 Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics , science , engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 Problem Analysis: Identify , formulate , review literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences.
- PO3 Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural , societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4 Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5Modern Tool Usage: Create , Select , and apply appropriate techniques , resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations .
- PO6The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal , health , safety , legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice .
- PO7Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of , and need for sustainable development .
- PO8Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice .
- PO9Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large , such as , being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation , make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work , as a member and leader in a team , to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for , and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life long learning in the broadcast of technological change .
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO 1 Graduates should be able to apply the fundamentals of thermal, production and design for providing solutions in the field of Mechanical engineering and interdisciplinary areas.
- PSO 2 Ability to evaluate and create more advanced mechanical systems and processes with using tools of Mechanical Engineering for realistic outcomes.