PEO, PO, PSO
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of Civil Engineering
The Program Educational Objectives for the Under Graduate Course in Civil Engineering are to prepare our students to:
- Understand the civil engineering fundamentals and their application to the solution of problems.
- Develop the proficiency in students regarding engineering knowledge and skills to analyze, design, build, maintain, or improve civil engineering based systems.
- To offer interactive education and practical skills so that the students can carry out technical investigations within realistic constraints such as economic, social, safety and environmental sustainability.
- To create interest in the students to engage in life-long learning in advanced areas of civil engineering and related fields.
- To educate the students in human values and social responsibility to use engineering techniques and its necessary modern tools for civil engineering practice in order to serve the society in a much better way.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- PO2 Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- PO3 Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4 Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional
engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the
knowledge of , and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for , and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadcast of technological change .
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 Profound knowledge in Civil Engineering problem identification, formulation, analysis, design and execution, laboratory investigations and construction, optimization of the cost, time management, quality control, and safety features using appropriate tools in the development of civil engineering infrastructure along with good foundation in mathematics, basic sciences and technical/professional communication.
- PSO2 Support the society with solutions to various Civil Engineering problems focusing on sustainable development and upholding professional and human value ethics. Graduates will have a broad understanding of economic, environmental, social, health and safety factors involved in infrastructural development, and shall demonstrate ability to function within multidisciplinary teams with competence in modern tool usage.
- PSO3 Our Civil Engineering Graduates will be self-motivated for continuous learning in engineering practice and/ or pursue research in advance areas of civil engineering in order to offer engineering services to the society, ethically and responsibly.
- Surveying Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Civil Engineering Material Lab
- Air & Noise Pollution Lab
- Concrete Structure Lab
- Traffic Survey & Analysis Lab
- Civil Engineering Drawing Lab
- Geoinformatics Lab
- Hydraulic Machine Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Quantity Survey & Estimation Lab
- Cad Lab
- Cad Lab 1
- Cad Lab 2
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Structural Detailing Lab
- Water & Waste Water Treatment Lab