BBDNIIT 2022-23 FIRST YEAR AICTE STUDENT INDUCTION PROGRAMME (SIP) & ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
Department of Chemistry
Programme Educational objectives [PEO]
- The course should provide students with sufficient understanding of basic Chemistry to have necessary background for Engineering.
- Acquire the fundamental principles of Chemistry useful in Engineering with modern experimental skills.
- Ability to handle problems of practical relevance to society while complying with Environmental, Ethical and safety factors.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 Problem Analysis: Identify , formulate , review literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics , natural science and engineering sciences .
- PO3 Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural , societal and environmental considerations .
- PO4 Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select, and apply appropriate techniques , resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations .
- PO6The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal , health , safety , legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice .
- PO7Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of , and need for sustainable development .
- PO8Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings .
- PO10Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large , such as , being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation , make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work , as a member and leader in a team , to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for , and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life long learning in the broadcast of technological change .