Department of Mechanical Engineering
One of the founding departments of BBDNIIT LUCKNOW, the Mechanical Engineering Department played a leading role in evolving an ‘Engineering Science’ based curriculum, and served as a role model for many academic institutes in the country.
It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production, and operation /Maintenance of machines and tools required for process/chemical industries, refineries and petrochemicals, fertilizers, air separation plants and cryogenics, power plants and infrastructure projects. This engineering field requires an understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics and material science.Over the years, interaction with industry and the emphasis on applied engineering has increased
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a 4 year, 8 semester full time academic program designed by Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow to prepare undergraduate students for the challenges and opportunities that abound in modern technology and society. Well balanced academics and industrial experience faculty members and well equipped laboratory, expose students to correlate theoretical concept in the practical work. The department is always motivating students to participate in the various technical activities held outside the institute to develop their dynamic personality and leadership quality.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Mechanical Engineering of Babu Banarasi Das Northern India Institute of Technology, Lucknow strives to be globally recognised for quality engineering education and research leading to well qualified engineers, academicians and researchers who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in achieving excellence in their field of study.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To impart quality education to the students and enhancing their knowledge and skills to be globally competitive Mechanical Engineers.
- To maintain state of the art research facilities to provide its students and faculty to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge with an understanding of the limitations and problem solving skill.
- To interact students with industry and educational institution for excellence in consultancy practices, research and teaching.
- Production Laboratory
- Design Laboratory
- Materials Testing Laboratory
- Basic Workshop
- Thermal and Fluid Laboratory
- Mesurement & Metrology Lab
- Experimental Stress Analysis Laboratory